Software Engineer - Java Developer
The Java Application Developer will work as part of an agile software development team responsible for development of shared code and supporting multiple types of complex applications.
This position requires core C++ and J2EE experience, high-performing web architecture and design experience.
- Design, develop, test and implement web-based applications to support business requirements
- Follow approved life cycle methodologies working as part of an agile team
- Create and maintain design documents
- Perform program coding and develop unit and functional tests for all code written
- Work with technical lead to develop Java applications
- Create user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces
- Participate in code reviews
- Work with small, cross-functional teams including front-end developers, quality assurance specialists, product managers and other business units
- Passion for software development
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to learn new technologies
- Work well in a team
- Knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures relating to application development
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts
- Understanding of UML
Major Plus (Candidate will gain these skills if they don’t have them coming in the door):
- Familiarity with the Spring core framework
- Understanding of design patterns, domain driven design, test driven development
- Experience using version control systems such as CVS or SVN
- Knowledge of popular software development processes
Education and Experience:
- An undergraduate degree or higher in Computer Science or a closely related field
- 2+ years of experience building Java/J2EE applications in an object-oriented environment
- Experience with agile software development methods such as SCRUM (preferred, not required)
- Working knowledge of XML Data representation and transformation using XSLT
Submit your resume to email@example.com.
Please include a cover letter, salary requirements, and samples of work (if applicable).
We offer competitive compensation as well as benefit packages for full time employees, including health care and dental programs, 401k options, and PTO.